I have registered for the first three of 17 classes for my MA program: Master of Arts in Emergency and Disaster Management – Capstone Option with Human Capital Leadership Certificate. I’m excited to get started on another educational adventure.
The classes are in the attached PDF, with the BOLD listings as planned. The normal ones are the ones that I could choose from, but decided I wanted something else more.
The books that I have are the following:
For EDMG540, Research Methods in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Analytic Thinking
- Research Methods in Public Administration and Public Management: An Introduction (Routledge Masters in Public Management)
For EDMG502, Emergency and Disaster Theory (will be rented, as the reviews are not encouraging me to keep a copy in my library)
For EDMG503 Emergency and Disaster Planning and Management
- Introduction to Emergency Management, 5th Ed. (nb. Haddow is one of the “big fish” in this realm of study. I read another of his books for a class in my BA program. good stuff!)
- Global Warming, Natural Hazards, and Emergency Management (also by Haddow)
I also plan on taking EDMG509 Interagency Disaster Management as the second half of the second semester, which will require the following (also in hand):
- Emergency Management: The American Experience 1900-2010, Second Edition
- Managing Disasters through Public–Private Partnerships
Anyway, that’s what I have planned for the next three years of my life. Now, if I could only get work in either EMS or Emergency Management that pays…